Author: Heather Cox Richardson
My Rating: πππππ
My Review: I've been an avid follower of Heather Cox Richardson on social media for some time and consider her one of my favorite sources on current events. Lately, I have been obsessed with the question, how did America get taken over by the corrupt Trump oligarchy. This book does an excellent job of describing the history and evolution of democracy in America and how someone as corrupt as Trump has been able to take control. My only complaint is that it doesn't give any clear direction on what should be done to save our democracy. I love this book and consider it to be one of my favorite books on American democracy.
My Rating: πππππ
My Review: I've been an avid follower of Heather Cox Richardson on social media for some time and consider her one of my favorite sources on current events. Lately, I have been obsessed with the question, how did America get taken over by the corrupt Trump oligarchy. This book does an excellent job of describing the history and evolution of democracy in America and how someone as corrupt as Trump has been able to take control. My only complaint is that it doesn't give any clear direction on what should be done to save our democracy. I love this book and consider it to be one of my favorite books on American democracy.
With remarkable clarity and the same accessible voice that brings millions to her newsletter, Letters from an American, Richardson wrangles a chaotic news feed into a story that pivots effortlessly from the Founders to the abolitionists to Nixon to the January 6 insurrection. An essential read for anyone concerned about the state of America, Democracy Awakening is more than a history book; it’s a call to action. Richardson reminds us that democracy requires constant vigilance and participation from all of us, showing how we, as a nation, can take the lessons of the past to secure a more just and equitable future.
Review: Journal of Public Affairs

No comments:
Post a Comment