Monday, November 9, 1992

Italy - Denmark Trip - Day 11

Monday November 9, 1992 – Rome, Italy
Woke at 6:45 AM and did my usual free breakfast of cappuccino, croissant, roll with butter and jam. The rolls were getting a bit tired and I’m thinking I may have to occasionally try someplace else for breakfast. A new person showed up at work today. His parents must have had a sense of humor when they named him because his name was Mel Mehl. He was starting a two-month detail and said, besides Rome, he would also be going to Australia and Fiji! Mel was from Forest Service Region 2 and was the Regional Old-Growth Forest coordinator. Turned out he graduated in 1971 from Humboldt State University, alma mater, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry. Like me, he seemed to be a little shocked at getting selected for the detail. Other than that, work was uneventful. I spent the day working on the FORIS database documentation. He was staying at the Hotel San Anselmo. So, after work, Mel and I rode the shuttle bus back to the hotel and stopped for a couple birra at a local bar near the hotel. After that, we went to a restaurant I knew about near the Pyramid of Cestius and had dinner and conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment