Sunday, November 22, 1992

Italy - Denmark Trip - Day 24

Sunday November 22, 1992 – Rome, Italy
Woke up at 8:30 AM and had breakfast in the hotel dining room. I went back to my room and called Carol around 9:30 AM (6:30 PM Pacific Time) and confirmed she would arrive in Rome on Thursday at 8:30 AM. I went to work at 10:30 AM where I met with K.D. who had just returned from Brazil. I ended up talking with K.D., Don, Paul, and Ron until about 3 PM which just about killed the day. Don and I went to the Basilica of Saint Paul which is one of Rome’s four major papal basilicas. The basilica was very impressive. We left and agreed to meet for dinner at his hotel at 6 PM. I ended up getting lost trying to find his hotel and didn’t arrive until 6:30 PM. We had dinner at the cafeteria at the Rome Termini which was much better than I expected. After dinner, we walked to Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona (Don’s 1st visit and my 5th visit). I got back to the Rome Termini at around 9:30 PM and found out the B line was closed! Since I didn’t care to walk, I tried to find a bus but couldn’t figure out which bus to take. Finally, after going in circles for about 20 minutes, I determined I needed to take bus 27. When the bus finally arrived, it was packed, and I got crushed in the middle of the bus with no hope of getting off. I still wasn’t sure I was on the right bus but eventually the bus had thinned out enough for me to get off and I was relieved to see I was close to Hotel San Anselmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment